11 Jul DEXMA is hiring a Senior Java Developer!
DEXMA, a leader in the energy management software sector, is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our team in Barcelona.
We apply cutting edge technologies to one of the world’s greatest challenges: efficient energy management. Our customers give us billions of energy usage data measurements, which we analyse and aggregate. With our platform we help companies to reduce energy consumption, be more efficient, and generate savings.
We’re now hiring an experienced developer who can deliver high quality Java code, in a start-up environment using Agile methodologies. Could this be you?
Your role would involve:
- Develop new features, and improve existing codebase in DEXCell Energy Manager modules, including:
- the REST/JSON API (Java 8, Grizzly, Functional Programming)
- the insertion engine (java 8, Storm)
- Expand and improve the Continuous Integration environment
- Provide input in the specification and the estimation of user stories, helping to define the best cost-result solution.
- Identify and communicate improvements that increase performance, scalability and software quality.
- Deliver tested software every 2-week sprint, using SCRUM methodology
What we’re looking for:
You’ll have the following profile:
- Computer Science degree or similar
- 3+ years of designing and developing production Web Applications
- Problem-solver: you dive into the source code until you find that bug
- Boy-scout rule mentality: always leave the code cleaner than you found it
- Java 8 & JUnit are your favourite tools
- SRP, decoupling & refactoring are part of your vocabulary
- You have dealt with production SQL and NoSQL databases
- Git is a no-brainer to you as VCS
- UNIX-based OS is your choice for your workstation
And the icing on the cake would be:
- Python or Ruby knowledge
- Experience in any of: Redis, RabbitMQ, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Storm
What do we offer?
You will have the opportunity to join a growing company headquartered in sunny Barcelona with the best professional team in the energy industry, including people from 6 different nationalities.
We’re passionate about what we do and we’re focused on innovation to disrupt our market. You will have your opportunity to lead and inspire your peers at DEXMA.
We will give you the best tech tools to achieve your goals in a healthy and friendly work environment. Coffee is on us 😉
How to apply
If you’re excited by the sound of this, apply on LinkedIn>>
And good luck!